PRINTS - Fi Compatible BREAKAWAY Collars | 20 prints | without buckle | Series 3
Fonts & character limits
- 3/8” buckles cannot be engraved.
- 5/8" buckles - 3 lines or less.
- 3/4" buckles - 3-4 lines or less
- 1" buckles - 5 lines or less.
- 1.5" buckles - up to 8 short lines.
- Less than 15 characters per line is STRONGLY recommended.
- Thin, basic fonts work best with long lines of text on small buckles. Avoid choosing blocky, bold, or script fonts if you need a lot of information on your buckle.
- Script fonts are not recommended on 5/8" buckles with more than 2 lines of text for legibility reasons.
- Text is hand-formatted for every item - engraved items on separate orders/placed at different times may differ from one another.
- These are our professional recommendations - ultimately we will engrave what you type in the note box, so please be sure to CHECK YOUR SPELLING and avoid writing a novel :)
- There will be *no refunds or exchanges* on engraved items. All sales are final on personalized items. You may request up to 2 digital proofs for no extra charge. Please include a message in the note box at checkout, or send us an email when you place your order. Proofs will not be sent unless requested. Customer MUST approve the proof before we will proceed with the order. Proofs are not available on any Boomerang tags.
- We reserve the right to make small changes to your text for balance and legibility reasons. If we need to change anything drastically, we will send you a message first. Please be sure to check your email (and spam folder) for messages from us.
Our buckles and tags are engraved with a diamond-tipped CNC machine, never a laser! Laser engraving is used by nearly all other collar companies - lasers are inexpensive but only burn the top surface coating of buckles. This etching often wears off the buckle in a short time. Our engraver physically removes metal and surface coating to provide a longer-lasting, professional engraving when compared to laser-etched products.
While our engraving process is vastly superior to most "laser etched" products on the market, care should still be taken to protect your items, in particular aluminum buckles and tags. Aluminum is strong and lightweight, which makes it ideal for pet collars, but it is a softer metal so it can be damaged by repeated contact with materials harder than itself (concrete, tile, other metals, etc).
The easiest way to do this is to avoid hanging metal objects near your buckle! Hanging tags, lights, and other gizmos that swing or rub against engraved buckles will inevitably cause premature wear and tear. Instead, fasten these items at the adjustment slide or a mini tag ring so they cannot make contact with your buckle. Similarly, if you wash your engraved item, protect it by placing it inside a garment bag or a sock so it doesn't get beat up in the washer/dryer.
A very flexible rule of thumb for choosing width:
- 3/8" for toy breeds, under 10 lbs
- 5/8" for small breeds, 10-30 lbs
- 3/4" for medium breeds, 20-50 lbs
- 1" for large breeds, 40-100 lbs
- 1.5" for giant breeds, 100+ lbs
Sizing Inconsistencies: We are in the process of modifying all of our collar size ranges and size labels (S, M, L) to be more congruent across styles. You may see inconsistencies between our size chart, descriptions, and available selections while we do this. If in doubt, choose the appropriate length shown (8-13, 14-22, etc) regardless of size label (S, M, L, etc).
As always, Fox Valley Pet Wear will custom-size your gear to fit your pet for no extra charge! All you need to do is provide measurements with your order.**
** if your measurement and request-details align with one of our standard sizes, we may provide the standard size. We will use our professional opinion or reach out to you with questions.
One more thing about custom sizing...
Keep in mind we cannot add range to one end without sacrificing range from the other. Expect roughly 3" of range for small sizes, 5" for medium sizes, 7" for large sizes, and so on.
returns & exchanges
- Returns and exchanges of non-personalized collars are accepted
- Personalized (engraved) items are not eligible for return or exchange
- Shipping costs are always non-refundable.
- Only new, unused, unworn items are eligible for return or exchange.
Series 3 collars are here!
This collar is for medium to large dogs only. MINIMUM LENGTH OF 10".
By popular request, Fi compatible breakaway collars with breakaway clasp. This collar does NOT have a 2nd regular "quick clip" buckle - find those here. Collars without the 2nd buckle have greater adjustment range - great for smaller dogs and growing puppies.
1" or 1.5" wide, adjustable collar features a unique plastic breakaway clasp that will come loose if the wearer gets caught on something (fence, crate, heat vents, another animal, etc).
Double D rings allow you to bypass the breakaway feature and safely use this collar with a leash!
BE SURE TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT SERIES FOR YOUR FI MODULE
*** DISCLAIMER *** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Be sure your Fi is charged to prevent accidental loss! Breakaway collars WILL break away, probably when it's least convenient for you; this option may not be suitable for all dogs or situations. By purchasing, you acknowledge the risk of losing a Fi receiver if your dog is off leash in a large area. Refunds or replacements will not be given for lost collars or loss of your Fi receiver.
Fox Valley Pet Wear breakaway collars come with a proprietary buckle reinforcement to prevent accidental breakaways more common with larger or heavier dogs (M-XL sizes only). Buckle reinforcements are removable, replaceable, and adjustable - instructions are included with purchase.
Size & Width
Measure your dog's neck or current collar. Choose appropriate size range & width. **Listed size ranges may vary up to 1/2". Stated size ranges are actual collar lengths - be sure to choose a size large enough to be comfortable for your pet.
Mini Tag Ring
Upgrade any collar, harness, or leash with this mini D-ring (3/8" wide inside diameter) to hang your pet's tags from. Reduces tag-to-buckle jingling; keeps your tags from hitting the buckle, keeping your buckle looking newer, longer; and frees up space on your D-ring for your leash!