Semi-BREAKAWAY Reflective Quick Release Martingale Dog Collar | Solid or Reflective | 20 colors
Fonts & character limits
- 3/8” buckles cannot be engraved.
- 5/8" buckles - 3 lines or less.
- 3/4" buckles - 3-4 lines or less
- 1" buckles - 5 lines or less.
- 1.5" buckles - up to 8 short lines.
- Less than 15 characters per line is STRONGLY recommended.
- Thin, basic fonts work best with long lines of text on small buckles. Avoid choosing blocky, bold, or script fonts if you need a lot of information on your buckle.
- Script fonts are not recommended on 5/8" buckles with more than 2 lines of text for legibility reasons.
- Text is hand-formatted for every item - engraved items on separate orders/placed at different times may differ from one another.
- These are our professional recommendations - ultimately we will engrave what you type in the note box, so please be sure to CHECK YOUR SPELLING and avoid writing a novel :)
- There will be *no refunds or exchanges* on engraved items. All sales are final on personalized items. You may request up to 2 digital proofs for no extra charge. Please include a message in the note box at checkout, or send us an email when you place your order. Proofs will not be sent unless requested. Customer MUST approve the proof before we will proceed with the order. Proofs are not available on any Boomerang tags.
- We reserve the right to make small changes to your text for balance and legibility reasons. If we need to change anything drastically, we will send you a message first. Please be sure to check your email (and spam folder) for messages from us.
Our buckles and tags are engraved with a diamond-tipped CNC machine, never a laser! Laser engraving is used by nearly all other collar companies - lasers are inexpensive but only burn the top surface coating of buckles. This etching often wears off the buckle in a short time. Our engraver physically removes metal and surface coating to provide a longer-lasting, professional engraving when compared to laser-etched products.
While our engraving process is vastly superior to most "laser etched" products on the market, care should still be taken to protect your items, in particular aluminum buckles and tags. Aluminum is strong and lightweight, which makes it ideal for pet collars, but it is a softer metal so it can be damaged by repeated contact with materials harder than itself (concrete, tile, other metals, etc).
The easiest way to do this is to avoid hanging metal objects near your buckle! Hanging tags, lights, and other gizmos that swing or rub against engraved buckles will inevitably cause premature wear and tear. Instead, fasten these items at the adjustment slide or a mini tag ring so they cannot make contact with your buckle. Similarly, if you wash your engraved item, protect it by placing it inside a garment bag or a sock so it doesn't get beat up in the washer/dryer.
A very flexible rule of thumb for choosing width:
- 3/8" for toy breeds, under 10 lbs
- 5/8" for small breeds, 10-30 lbs
- 3/4" for medium breeds, 20-50 lbs
- 1" for large breeds, 40-100 lbs
- 1.5" for giant breeds, 100+ lbs
Sizing Inconsistencies: We are in the process of modifying all of our collar size ranges and size labels (S, M, L) to be more congruent across styles. You may see inconsistencies between our size chart, descriptions, and available selections while we do this. If in doubt, choose the appropriate length shown (8-13, 14-22, etc) regardless of size label (S, M, L, etc).
As always, Fox Valley Pet Wear will custom-size your gear to fit your pet for no extra charge! All you need to do is provide measurements with your order.**
** if your measurement and request-details align with one of our standard sizes, we may provide the standard size. We will use our professional opinion or reach out to you with questions.
One more thing about custom sizing...
Keep in mind we cannot add range to one end without sacrificing range from the other. Expect roughly 3" of range for small sizes, 5" for medium sizes, 7" for large sizes, and so on.
returns & exchanges
- Returns and exchanges of non-personalized collars are accepted
- Personalized (engraved) items are not eligible for return or exchange
- Shipping costs are always non-refundable.
- Only new, unused, unworn items are eligible for return or exchange.
Adjustable martingale collar features a unique plastic breakaway clasp that will come loose if the wearer gets caught on something (fence, crate, heat vents, another animal, etc). Double D rings allow you to safely use this collar with a leash (not recommended for tie-outs).
Important: Unlike our other breakaway collars, this collar will not fall away completely when opened - the martingale loop opens to give your dog a critical extra few inches, with the hopes that this will be enough for the dog to free itself. This option may not be suitable for all situations where a standard breakaway collar may be best. This item is NOT possible in sizes smaller than those shown.
Premium quality aluminum buckle (your choice of black or silver) allows for quick on and off for normal use without causing wear on the breakaway mechanism. Optional CNC engraved personalization on the buckle!
Please note, the reflective strip is 1/2" wide on ALL collar widths.
Size & Width
Measure your dog's neck or collar per the photo above. Choose appropriate size range & width. **Listed size ranges may vary up to 1/2".
IMPORTANT: This item is NOT possible in sizes smaller than those shown.
Mini Tag Ring
Upgrade any collar, harness, or leash with this mini D-ring (3/8" wide inside diameter) to hang your pet's tags from. Reduces tag-to-buckle jingling; keeps your tags from hitting the buckle, keeping your buckle looking newer, longer; and frees up space on your D-ring for your leash!
- Engraving tips & recommendations
- Size Charts & Collar Types
- Made to order with “perfect-fit adjustability”
- Fully adjustable
- Heavy duty nylon webbing & triple reinforced stitching
- Highest quality hardware and buckles
- 20 colors of webbing to choose from
- Meticulously handcrafted with strength and durability in mind
- Proudly made in the USA
- Machine washable