PRINTS - SEMI-BREAKAWAY Quick Release Martingale Dog Collar | 23 Prints | 4 widths
Fonts & character limits
- 3/8” buckles cannot be engraved.
- 5/8" buckles - 3 lines or less.
- 3/4" buckles - 3-4 lines or less
- 1" buckles - 5 lines or less.
- 1.5" buckles - up to 8 short lines.
- Less than 15 characters per line is STRONGLY recommended.
- Thin, basic fonts work best with long lines of text on small buckles. Avoid choosing blocky, bold, or script fonts if you need a lot of information on your buckle.
- Script fonts are not recommended on 5/8" buckles with more than 2 lines of text for legibility reasons.
- Text is hand-formatted for every item - engraved items on separate orders/placed at different times may differ from one another.
- These are our professional recommendations - ultimately we will engrave what you type in the note box, so please be sure to CHECK YOUR SPELLING and avoid writing a novel :)
- There will be *no refunds or exchanges* on engraved items. All sales are final on personalized items. You may request up to 2 digital proofs for no extra charge. Please include a message in the note box at checkout, or send us an email when you place your order. Proofs will not be sent unless requested. Customer MUST approve the proof before we will proceed with the order. Proofs are not available on any Boomerang tags.
- We reserve the right to make small changes to your text for balance and legibility reasons. If we need to change anything drastically, we will send you a message first. Please be sure to check your email (and spam folder) for messages from us.
Our buckles and tags are engraved with a diamond-tipped CNC machine, never a laser! Laser engraving is used by nearly all other collar companies - lasers are inexpensive but only burn the top surface coating of buckles. This etching often wears off the buckle in a short time. Our engraver physically removes metal and surface coating to provide a longer-lasting, professional engraving when compared to laser-etched products.
While our engraving process is vastly superior to most "laser etched" products on the market, care should still be taken to protect your items, in particular aluminum buckles and tags. Aluminum is strong and lightweight, which makes it ideal for pet collars, but it is a softer metal so it can be damaged by repeated contact with materials harder than itself (concrete, tile, other metals, etc).
The easiest way to do this is to avoid hanging metal objects near your buckle! Hanging tags, lights, and other gizmos that swing or rub against engraved buckles will inevitably cause premature wear and tear. Instead, fasten these items at the adjustment slide or a mini tag ring so they cannot make contact with your buckle. Similarly, if you wash your engraved item, protect it by placing it inside a garment bag or a sock so it doesn't get beat up in the washer/dryer.
A very flexible rule of thumb for choosing width:
- 3/8" for toy breeds, under 10 lbs
- 5/8" for small breeds, 10-30 lbs
- 3/4" for medium breeds, 20-50 lbs
- 1" for large breeds, 40-100 lbs
- 1.5" for giant breeds, 100+ lbs
Sizing Inconsistencies: We are in the process of modifying all of our collar size ranges and size labels (S, M, L) to be more congruent across styles. You may see inconsistencies between our size chart, descriptions, and available selections while we do this. If in doubt, choose the appropriate length shown (8-13, 14-22, etc) regardless of size label (S, M, L, etc).
As always, Fox Valley Pet Wear will custom-size your gear to fit your pet for no extra charge! All you need to do is provide measurements with your order.**
** if your measurement and request-details align with one of our standard sizes, we may provide the standard size. We will use our professional opinion or reach out to you with questions.
One more thing about custom sizing...
Keep in mind we cannot add range to one end without sacrificing range from the other. Expect roughly 3" of range for small sizes, 5" for medium sizes, 7" for large sizes, and so on.
returns & exchanges
- Returns and exchanges of non-personalized collars are accepted
- Personalized (engraved) items are not eligible for return or exchange
- Shipping costs are always non-refundable.
- Only new, unused, unworn items are eligible for return or exchange.
SEMI-BREAKAWAY Quick Release Martingale Dog Collar in your choice of 20 vibrant, soft patterned polyester webbing (which is made in the USA!)
Adjustable martingale collar features a unique plastic breakaway clasp that will come loose if the wearer gets caught on something (fence, crate, heat vents, another animal, etc). Double D rings allow you to safely use this collar with a leash (not recommended for tie-outs).
Important: Unlike our other breakaway collars, this collar will not fall away completely when opened - the martingale loop opens to give your dog a critical extra few inches, with the hope that this will be enough for the dog to free itself. This option may not be suitable for all situations where a standard breakaway collar may be best. Also, this item is NOT available for dogs with necks under 13".
Premium quality plastic or aluminum buckle (your choice of black or silver) allows for quick on and off for normal use without causing wear on the breakaway mechanism. Optional CNC engraved personalization on the buckle!
Martingale collars are great for dogs who "back out" of their collars, or dogs who have large necks compared to their heads. They are safe for use on walks and around the house, but are not recommended for tie-outs*. Quick release martingales are the best of both worlds - the ease-of-use of a flat buckle collar and the safety and security of a martingale! If you have any questions about the fit or function of martingales, or any of our collars, feel free to send us a message.
Size & Width
Measure your dog's neck or collar per the photo. Choose appropriate size range & width. IMPORTANT: This item is NOT appropriate for dogs with necks under 13". We cannot custom size this particular collar smaller.
Due to the added hardware, this type collar has very limited adjustment ranges - be sure to measure a current collar to assure proper sizing.
**Listed size ranges may vary up to 1/2".
Add a mini tag ring to hang tags without affecting the adjustable range. NOT to be used for leash attachment. Protects your buckle from damage from dangling tags!
Add an additional D-ring for hanging tags - this is a full-size D-ring sewn in at the adjustment slide.
- Size Charts & Collar Types
- Made to order with “perfect-fit adjustability”
- Fully adjustable
- 2000lb nylon webbing core & triple reinforced stitching
- Highest quality hardware and buckles
- Meticulously handcrafted with strength and durability in mind
- Proudly made in the USA
- Machine washable
Had this for about a month on a Kong 1.25 wide collar. Fits great no chance of it coming off without us taking it off. We got slate and font is easy to read and hasn't been scratched even with dogs wrestling and playing rough. Would definitely buy again down the road.
I was expecting fabric like most of the decorative collars, but this is the webbing so it should look nice for much longer! Really cute. I am sure I will get more.
When my friend told me forever ago that her poodle got strangled when their collar got caught on a fence I became worried about leaving collars on my dogs; however, I do like to keep them on because of the ID tags. Breakaway collars are the perfect solution. They can wear their collars and if they happen to get caught they won't strangle themselves. I like the collar I ordered for my pup and will definitely be ordering another one when he outgrows it. The shipping was fast and customer service seems great! I also like the piece of velcro (I think?) they included with the collar to make the collar harder to break off for larger dogs. It also gives instructions on how to cut the velcro to change the amount of force required for the collar to break apart.
These pet tags are absolutely beautifully engraved and the perfect size for my 1.5" collars for my dogs! Love the font and color choices! They shipped quickly and in perfect condition - thank you!
I ordered 2 collars with an add on for both and they both look great! We haven't had to rely on the breakaway part yet, but I'm glad it's there. We had an incident with other collars that was definitely scary. I like that these collars have a way to override the breakaway feature with an extra band around the breakaway part made for larger dogs (mine are 65lb and 85 lbs). I also really like the reflective portion of the collar and the engraved details. Overall these seem really well made and I'm glad I got these collars!
Love this company - they are my "go-to" for all my dog's collars - thank you so much for your professional yet personal service.
At first I ordered the wrong size, and the owner was so kind and understanding and I was able to exchange for the appropriate size for my 20lb cat. thus collar is perfect to hold a Whistle Go Explore! It was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Perfect collar for my very active and playful German Shepherds. So glad I found these breakaway collars. The collars give me peace of mind
I feel much safer now that my pup has a breakaway collar on, and weve gotten lots of compliments on the fun bumblebee print. Thank you!
The description is factual that they are huge, which you should expect if you're ordering one to fit a 1.5 inch collar. It goes right on, is curved for comfort, doesn't jingle, text shows up beautifully. I am VERY satisfied with this purchase, and will come back when I need another one!
The colors are beautiful and the construction is great. We had a near miss with a freak accident with our old collars and are so glad to find these breakaway collars
After one dog twisted through his harness and made a dash for the main road, I 100% recommend everyone get a harness to collar safety clip. I got the 5/8" and it was big when my doodle was 8 weeks old, but now that she's 16 weeks old, it's a great size.