Engraving & Personalization
Any metal buckle or tag is eligible for engraving.
Our buckles and tags are engraved with a diamond-tipped CNC machine, never a laser! Laser engraving is used by nearly all other collar companies - lasers are inexpensive but only burn the top surface coating of buckles. This etching often wears off the buckle in a short time. Our engraver physically removes metal and surface coating to provide a long-lasting, professional engraving.
Notes and recommendations
- Text is auto-sized to use the maximum amount of space. Lines with fewer characters will be larger. Lines with lots of characters will be smaller. We STRONGLY suggest keeping your lines of text short (20 characters or less per line).
- 3/8" buckles are not available in metal and therefore cannot be engraved.
- Small 5/8" or 3/4" buckles look best with just 2 or 3 lines.
- Large 1" buckles look best with 4 or less lines.
- Extra large 1.5" buckles look great with up to 8 short lines.
- 3/8” tags look best with 3 lines or less.
- 5/8" or 3/4" tags look best with just 4 lines or less.
- 1" tags look best with 5 lines or less.
- 1.5" tags look great with up to 8 lines.
- Thin, "line" fonts work best with long lines of text or very small buckles and tags. Avoid choosing blocky or bold fonts if you need a lot of information on your buckle or tag. See bottom of page for line font list.
- Filled fonts (Arial, Rowdy, etc) give the most contrast and are recommended for short to moderate amounts of text. See bottom of page for filled font list.
- 1.5" tags and buckles: we recommend filled fonts for these items - the lines that make up a line-font are compressed on small items but tend to be spaced out on extra large items, which can result in color material being left between the lines. This is not a defect, it is simply a characteristic of the font type being applied to an engraving application.
- These are our professional recommendations - ultimately we will engrave what you type in the note box, so please be sure to CHECK YOUR SPELLING and avoid writing a novel :)
- There will be *no refunds or exchanges* on engraved items. All sales are final on personalized items. You may request up to 3 digital proofs for no extra charge. Please include a message in the note box at checkout, or send us an email when you place your order. Proofs will not be sent unless requested. Customer MUST approve the proof before we will proceed with the order. Proofs are not available on any Boomerang tags.
- We reserve the right to make small changes to your text for balance and legibility reasons. If we need to change anything drastically, we will send you a message first. Please be sure to check your email (and spam folder) for messages from us.
We engrave all our items in-house with the exception of stainless tags "by Boomerang". These are engraved in California and are only available in the color and font shown - no customization or proofs are available on items marked "by Boomerang".
Line fonts: Claret, Contemporary, Flora, Helvetica, Optima, & Roman
Filled Fonts: Ailment, Arial, Belmonte, Big Guy, Bings, Biscuit, Block, Cameric, Courier, Inkpen, Lovely, Penelope, Pumpkin, & Rowdy